Do you need a lawyer when you have been injured in a vehicle crash or an accident on someone’s property? Insurance adjusters will say no—they may even try to tell you that an attorney will just take a share of your compensation without doing anything for you. While there are lawyers who might do that, trial attorney Marcus Vaden is not one of them.
When it comes to getting the compensation you deserve following a devastating accident, don’t take advice from an insurance company that is trying to avoid paying out on a claim. Instead, schedule your free consultation with our personal injury legal team to find out what we may be able to do to maximize your compensation.
Experience the Marcus Vaden Difference
As a criminal prosecutor and personal injury attorney for nearly 30 years, Marcus has the courtroom experience you want on your side if your injury claim becomes a lawsuit. Unlike other Arkansas attorneys, Marcus will not shy away from taking a case all the way to trial if that’s what’s needed to get you the outcome you deserve.
While we take an aggressive stance towards our opponents, we are friendly and compassionate with our clients. You will be treated like family in our Conway office as we support you through the entire legal process.
We Accept a Variety of Personal Injury Claims
A typical personal injury claim usually involves a vehicle accident, but we have represented clients in a variety of other kinds of injury claims. Our experience includes:
- Car accidents. Even a slow-speed rear-end crash at an intersection can cause serious injuries that require medical treatment and years of physical therapy. When you are the victim of a rollover crash or head-on collision, you could be looking at a million dollars in medical bills by the time you recover. In either case, our legal team will make sure you are taken care of physically and financially.
- Commercial truck accidents. The semi-trucks that crowd Arkansas’ highways can turn deadly when their drivers fall asleep at the wheel or decide to send a text as you are changing lanes. When these collisions are not fatal, they can cause catastrophic injuries that affect you for the rest of your life.
- Motorcycle accidents. When a careless driver cuts you off, turns in front of you, or tailgates, you can be thrown from your bike and suffer serious, if not fatal, injuries. These drivers must be held accountable for their actions. Your medical bills and other losses should be paid by the at-fault driver.
- Slip and falls. When a property owner fails to maintain a safe environment and you are injured in a fall, the store, restaurant, movie theater, or other business is liable for your damages. These are not easy claims to prove, but Marcus Vaden brings years of experience to your case.
- Dog bites. Arkansas does not have a statewide dog bite law, but that doesn’t mean you aren’t owed compensation when you are attacked by someone’s pet. We will investigate the circumstances and local ordinances to get you the best possible outcome when you are attacked by a dog.
- Other premises liability claims. Parking lot safety issues, assaults, balcony collapses, apartment break-ins, and other mishaps can lead to an innocent victim suffering a serious injury. If you were injured because a property owner was negligent, contact our legal team as soon as possible.
- Product liability claims. If you or your child was injured by a dangerous product, you might be able to hold the manufacturer responsible for your medical bills and physical and emotional suffering. Our legal team can determine if you have cause to sue a major company for damages.
If another person’s negligence caused your injuries, it doesn’t really matter to us what the accident was. Our goal is to gather evidence to prove fault and fight the insurance company for maximum compensation for you. If there is nothing we can do to add value to your claim, we will let you know upfront—saving you time and money!
What types of compensation can I receive in a personal injury settlement?
If you are considering filing a personal injury case, you are likely wondering how much you could be paid if your case is successful. The amount of money injury victims can collect in legal cases is called damages.
Damages can be secured either through a settlement or by a judge’s decision. Your attorney can help you figure out how much your injuries have cost you financially, as well as how much you may be owed for the suffering the accident has caused.
Kinds of Damages Available in a Personal Injury Case
There are a few categories of damages in personal injury claims, but the most common are special damages and general damages.
- Special compensatory damages. These damages are intended to pay for the measurable costs of the accident and are calculated using invoices, receipts, and wage statements.
- General compensatory damages. Often called pain and suffering, this category of compensation is intended to pay for losses or emotional consequences of the accident that are harder to calculate financially
Damages that may be available in your personal injury case include:
- Medical treatment. Personal injury damages almost always include an amount to cover the costs of medical care related to the accident, such as emergency room visits, follow-up care, assistive devices, and the estimated cost of future medical treatment.
- Lost income. Victims can collect compensation for time spent out of work due to the accident, as well as the loss of future earning capacity caused by a disability.
- Property damage. If your vehicle or other expensive property was damaged in the accident, the negligent party may be required to pay for repair or replacement.
- Pain and suffering. Some injuries can cause ongoing pain, discomfort, inconvenience, or long-lasting effects that make daily life difficult for victims and their family members. A victim may be awarded an amount for general damages if he or she suffered emotional distress, lost enjoyment of life, or loss of consortium with a spouse.
- Punitive damages. These damages “punish” the negligent party for his or her poor conduct, and may be available to victims whose injuries occurred due to the extreme carelessness of another party.
Our Arkansas personal injury law firm offers free initial consultations to injury victims, and we do not charge for our services until your case is resolved. Contact us today via our online form to have your questions answered by a personal injury lawyer.
Contact the Marcus Vaden Law Firm Today
Fill out our contact form or call our Conway office today to find out if we can help you fight for what you deserve after a devastating accident. Your initial consultation is free. If you decide to hire us, you won’t pay a penny until we win your case for you. You have nothing to lose by talking to our legal team. We are here to help!